Lets jump right in, shall we? We’ve been reading a lot this week, from Prince’s tragic death to how digital marketing can actually negatively affect your brand owing to that Whole Foods cake fiasco. However, we’ve compiled six fascinating links about digital marketing because we want you to be in-the-know too.
- Do you know how to balance your work life and your personal life? We don’t either. Thankfully, Ted Bauer is here to teach us how. In his fascinating look into the work-home life balance he offered us some helpful tips such as “Working 70 hours/week? You’re probably not very productive at all.” So instead of burning the candle at both ends, work smarter, not harder.
- Are you interested in digital branding but have zero idea where to start looking for great examples? Don’t worry, the Ghosts have you covered. Here are 5 Branded Content Campaigns You Need to Know. The Lego Movie was one of the most successful branded content campaigns ever, and this list is chalk full of incredible examples of how to blend a brand with digital marketing.
- Snapchat is the new frontier when it comes to digital marketing. We’ve been telling our clients to join the Snapchat craze that will have people talking about your business for days, and now we have confirmation that Snapchat users may not skew as young as originally thought. According to Nick Bell, one of Snapchat’s creators, 50% of new daily users are aged over 25.
- Should tech companies stop expanding their decryption capabilities for National security? The FBI seems to think so! According to Amy Hess, the agency’s executive assistant director for science and technology, tech companies ever-changing ability to crack codes the FBI uses to communicate. Should tech companies oblige? We're eager to hear your thoughts.
- As easy as some people may think social media is, it often is easier to make a massive blunder than it is to break the internet. Thankfully, we have John Waldron from MarkItWrite to explain the 3 Social Media Mistakes to Avoid at All Costs. Like allowing your brand to be rude to customers on social media….yikes.
- “Facebook ads don’t work,” is something you’ll often hear in marketing. However, those people would be dead wrong. Andrew Hutchinson taught us all this week the number one mistake we’re making with Facebook ads, and the answer will fascinate you.